25 Falling for Door County–Fun-For-All Things to Do in Door County!
"Be In the Know Before You Go . . . and When You Get There!™"
Door County Made Easy! Trusted Reviews & Videos. All Door County. All You Need.
Personal. Professional. Accurate. Since 2000
Download our Mobile App: Door County On the Go(tm)
Fall into the Season – in Door County! Fall in Door County is special – so make sure you spend some time and come on up. And think about coming up for a mid-week trip – avoid the busy weekends, get some great deals, and truly relax! Here are a few things to help as a guide! And please, please, please tell any and all of these businesses that you found them on DoorCountyNavigator.com – that helps us and them and you!
Be In the Know Before You Go . . . and When You Get There!™ Our suggestion is to spend time reading our Trusted Reviews, and watching the over 180 videos we have produced. We have done the legwork, so you can find the best. Between the professional and accurate reviews, and our videos you can to get some great ideas on where to stay, dine shop and play. And take our mobile app, Door County On the Go™ with you on your tablet or smart phone – all of our reviews and many videos are in the app, as well as many other cool features!
1. Trolley Tour: Hop aboard the Door County Trolley that leaves from their own station just north of downtown Egg Harbor! For 45 minutes, AJ and crew will entertain you, and show you some spectacular sites – some panoramas that are breathtaking anytime, but especially in the Fall! This is a must! Check their site for special Fall Getaway Outings! Give AJ a call (and tell him we sent you!) at 920-828-1100. They have 11 different tours:
Door County Trolley, Inc. offers 11 themed tours: Narrated Scenic Tour, Premier Wine Tour, Lighthouse Tour, Wine, Spirits & Brew Tour, Ghost Tour of Door County, Haunted Pub Crawl, Bloody Mary & Brunch Tour, Wisconsin Supper Club Tour, Winter Wonderland Tour, Spring Blossom Tour, and new in 2018: Murder & Mayhem Tour, and Family Ride
2. Make Your Own Art! The Hands-On Art Studio offers a unique blend of gallery and art that you can create. You can paint ceramics, glass, shirts, ornaments, light switch plates, metal art and a lot more. We have done it many times now, and enjoyed each time a lot – the fun is not only in the doing, but also in the keepsake treasure you have created. Release the artist in you – and we are ALL artists! Fabulous fun for all! Create your art this Fall at: Hands On Art Studio 3655 Peninsula Players Rd Fish Creek 920-868-9311 Please tell Cy you read about them on our site!
11. Horseback Riding - do it - it is beautiful and fun! There are some beautiful trails in Door County, so take advantage at some of these very fine horse-back riding stables. Many have ponies for kids too, like Herb’s Horses. Door County on horseback is quite a treat. Try it!
5712 Howard Lane
12. Biking & Mopeding! Bike or moped your way around Door County! Always be careful – bike Peninsula State Park on state of the art bikes from
Nor-Door Sport & Cyclery
4007 Hwy. 42
They have new power assist electric bikes - check then out!
Edge of Park, Inc. Bike & Moped Rental
P.O. Box 188 at the Park Entrance Rd.
Only palce to rent mopeds on the main peninsula!
13. Mini-Golf and Family Fun Centers! There are several places to mini-golf – but Egg Harbor Fun Park has a ton of additional things as well. Here’s what we think for each!
Egg Harbor Fun Park
7340 Hwy 42
This is a mini-golf, arcade and restaurant that opened in June 2001. And in 2010, they added a state-of-the-art go-karting course! Awesome! We mini-golfed here many times – love it!. They have a huge arcade room which also has redemption games (save tickets to win prizes), and a water fight set up outside, paint ball, zip lining, batting cages, boucne zone for the kids and more. Great pizzas, ice cream and more! Great place! Tell the folks we sent you please!!
Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf
810 S Bay Shore Dr
This looks spectacular from the road – huge waterfalls, a pirate’s theme with a sunken ship in the lagoon and more! Pirate lore, some pirate facts, and fun golfing! Great place! Mention DoorCountyNavigator.com!
Red Putter Mini-Golf
10404 Water St
14. Charter Fishing Try these charter companies for starters. See ourActivitiessection for more.
Andy’s Silver Strike Charter Fishing
At the Baileys Harbor Municipal Marina
Hooked Up Sportfishing Charters
6512 County C
First Choice Charter
Baileys Harbor Town Marina
Baileys Harbor, WI
15. Rent a Boat! From pontoon boats or kayaks to sail boats, rent them all in Door County!
Nicolet Beach Rentals
On the Beach in Peninsula State Park
10170 Shore Rd
16. Washington Island - Go there - stay there- have fun! Go for the day, or stay! Fun, 20-minute ferry boat ride that you can take from Gills Rock (passengers only, with bikes ok) or from Northport with your car. The ferry boat ride is great fun – you cruise by the islands, Death’s Door, shipwrecks and more. You owe it to yourself to do it! Or stay a night or two on Washington Island!
17. Fine Dining - fine but Door County it is still casual!
- White Gull Inn – on non-fish boil nights, enjoy candlelight dinners!
- Galileo’s Italian Steakhouse in Egg Harbor – love it!
18. Swimming! Swim in or swim out! Go to the YMCAs (Fish Creek and Sturgeon Bay) for indoor swimming or enjoy outside!
1900 Michigan Street
YMCA – Northern Center
3866 Gibraltar Rd
or try some of the beaches (NOTE: beach conditions with the Door County Visitor Bureau) at
- Fish Creek – right in downtown Fish Creek at the park
- Egg Harbor – around back on Hwy G past Shipwrecked and Harbor Park – follow the signs
- Murphy Park in Egg Harbor
- Ephraim Beach in Ephraim (see our September Sundown video filmed at Ephraim Beach!)
- Whitefish Dunes State Park in Sturgeon Bay (beautiful)
19. Door County Fair! Door County Fair! August 1st - 5th The Fairgrounds are very nicely kept, and this is a fun event especially for kids — there are lots of barns and sheds to see all kinds of interesting things, crafts, animals, and of course rides on the midway! Worth the trip for an old-fashioned county fair! Lots of fun for all! http://www.doorcountyfair.com/
20. Perseid Meteor Showers August 11th - 12th This is a once a year phenomenon as the Earth passes through the Perseid meteor belt. You will have to check local listings here for any events. This is supposed to be spectacular! Those who have seen them have been awe-struck! 50 meteors in an hour — how can you miss them?! We think the northeast end of the peninsula (near the Northport Ferry dock, or Newport State Park, are the places to get the best view. Check out the localResorter Reporter newspaper for up to the minute news if you are here at this time. It is a phenomenon and a true astronomical event! Could also be some on the night of the 13th, but plan the 11th and 12th.
21. Aurora Beaurealis - if you can ever catch this “phenomenal” show in Door County, it is awe-inspiring. If you have never seen this magnificent show put on by nature, absolutely free, you have missed something. On a clear night, look to the northern skies and you will see huge curtains of light flashing and flowing across the skies, gently, easily, colorfully. It is a site to behold. In big cities, they are drowned out by light and pollution. In Door County, we have witnessed some superior shows. Lie back on the grass, lie on the hood of your car, open the sunroof on your car and sit back and enjoy. The “northern lights” are a spectacular show! Simply stunning!
22. Take a Carriage Ride! See Ephraim at night on a romantic carriage ride for 10, 20 or 30 minutes (check with John for price). John Mayberry runs a wonderful carriage, and as you clip-clop through historic Ephraim under the moonlight, well, ahhh – it’s just one of the nicest things to do! So. . .do it! Check out John’s site atMayberry’s Carriages and Sleigh! And tell him that we sent you on the carriage ride of your life!
23. Ellison Bluff Park This is a very cool park that’s really not like a park. You drive into the area just on the south end of Ellison Bay (follow the signs for Ellison Bluffs), park the car, and hike up a walkway to a bluff that over looks the waters of Green Bay. Panoramic views – a nice little trip and a memorable view. Take the camera for sure! Watch our Ellison Bluff video in our video gallery.
24. Town Festivals! Lots of them! See our Calendar for full details, but here are a few you might want to take in: Fyr Bal, 4th of July, Pumpkin Patch etc.
25. Wine Tours! Tell them sent you!This is great fun and here are some of our favorite wineries to tour!
- Door Peninsula Winery
5806 Hwy 42
- Simon Creek Vineyard & Winery
5896 Bochek Road
- Drive in Movie at Skyway Drive In Ephraim! Great fun for the whole family! 1st run movies!
- Zip Line at Gravity Trails, or Lakeshore Adventures
- There are many arts and craft shows, carriage rides, art classes and more happening this Spring. Check our Calendar Of Events for more details.
- Plum Loco Animal Farm - this is a way cool place for kids! Places to play, lots of animals to see and mroe! Check out our Trusted Review!
- And Lots more: Comedy Club at Carrington Pub & Grill in Egg Harbor (Landmark Resort), Salsa Dancing, Ski-For-Free in Sturgeon Bay! Check our Calendar of Events for everything, and always check What’s Happing this Week in Door County!
Always check with establishments ahead of time to make sure of schedule, cancellations etc.
Things can change without notice.