Here you will find what changes have been taken place in Door County Wisconsin - with Door County news about inns, restaurants, activities, real estate, shopping and more. New restaurants, closings, enhancements to inns, new inns in Door County etc. You get the idea - Fresh Paint! Door County Wisconsin updates are here!
Door County is always on the move!
Enjoy Summer in Door County!
See new info about the Hillside Inn of Ephraim in the Ephraim section below,
And Edge of Park Bike & Moped Rental in Fish Creek!
Updates in Baileys Harbor!
Updates in Carlsville!
Updates in Ellison Bay section!
Updates in Ephraim!
Updates in Fish Creek!
Updates in Gills Rock!
Updates in Jacksonport section!
Updates in Sister Bay section!
Updates in Sturgeon Bay!
Download our mobile app for your iphone/ipad, android phones
and tablets - FREE - and have all the info you need at your fingertips!
Brush Strokes, Summer 2018
Door Shakespeare has announced its 2018 season tickets are on sale. Much Ado About Nothing and The Comedy of Errors will be performed June 28 through Aug. 18.
Resurfacing of Hwy. 57 has taken place with completion targeted for June 2018.
- New in 2018 at Liberty Square in Egg Harbor is the Liberty Tap House reportedly offering “the best tap beers in the world,” food, wine, cocktails, and more.
- Birch Creek Music Performance Center has announced that tickets for its 2018 summer concert season are available.
- Construction of a new building, replacing Shipwrecked which was razed by fire in 2017, is expected to be complete in summer of 2018.
- Alpine Resort and Golf Course are for sale. Operations are continuing during the sales process at the resort that opened in 1922.
- Sammi Rae’s Homemade closed in the fall 2017.
- The Clearing Folk School has introduced 2018 summer catalog with 90 week-long classes in arts, humanities, and natural sciences.
- Lynn’s Pottery includes work by the potter with 40 years of experience.
- Brian Linden, of the Linden Gallery, Ellison Bay and Linden Centre in China, received the Unnan Provincial Friendship Fellowship Award in November 2017 in China.
- Been trying to reach Silly Goose with no luck.
- Peninsula Music Festival announced its 2018 season running Aug. 7 to 25 with concerts at Door Community Auditorium.
- Hillside Inn, in 2017, was been named the fourth best B&B in America, according to World Property Journal.
- Northern Sky Theater announced ticket sales for its 2018 season. It includes three musical comedies playing in repertory from June 13 to Aug. 25 at the outdoor theater in Peninsula State Park.
- Peninsula Players 2018 five-show season runs June 12 through Oct. 14.
- White Cottage Red Door is located in the building which formerly housed Ray’s Cherry Hut. It opened for its second season in April 2018 and offers unique gifts, home décor, gifts, wine, specialty foods, cherry pies, and more.
- Maple Grove Gallery closed after announcing its final season last fall.
The Jacksonport Towne Board reportedly supported a permit for a 130-site campground at Hwy. 57 and Bagnalll Road.
Parallel 44 Winery is building an 11,000 square foot winery and tasting room on 23 acres at the corner of Hwy. 42 and Cty. P in Sevastopol.
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC) opened a Sister Bay campus with classes starting in June 2018. The newly constructed building has a commercial kitchen, meeting space, and classrooms.
- Door County Fitness Studio opened at 10583 Country Walk Drive, Sister Bay.
- A 30-acre wedding campus, on Fieldcrest Road in Sister Bay, is in the works after garnering approval from Sister Bay officials.
- Sister Bay officials are reviewing plans for a 40-unit hotel and retail space at Bay Shore Drive and Mill Road; groundbreaking could possibly occur in October 2018—after fall festival.
- Liberty Grove is reportedly working with Neptune’s Dive Club to construct a staircase at Death’s Door to enable water access by divers, kayakers, and paddle boarders.
- The Sister Bay Craft Shop and Beach and T-Shirt Connect has closed.
- Carlson & Erickson Builders, based in Sister Bay, has a new owner: Craig Coursin.
- Younkers in Sturgeon Bay is closing. The department store is part of the Bon-Ton Stores that are closing in other areas of the country.
- The Potawatomi State Park observation tower has been closed and is being deconstructed.
- Martin Park in Sturgeon Bay will be the new site for the Door County Wine Fest taking place June 30.
- The Ahnapee Trail will be extended between Utah and Michigan Street along Hwy. 57.
- The Nicolet Bank current building will be demolished in the summer and reconstructed beginning in August with a new look and opening date of April 2019.
- The 58th annual Door County House and Garden Walk, sponsored by Door County Medical Center, is set for 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 31.
- Results Personal Training, 242 Michigan St., Suite 302, Sturgeon Bay, offers private one-on-one person training sessions.
- Cherry Lanes, on Fourth Avenue in Sturgeon Bay, has been remodeled and transformed by new owners, who also announced arcade space.
- The Teweles and Brandeis granary was relocated to the Shipyard Development property east of the Oregon Street bridge.
- A new Door County Aging and Disability Resource Center opened at 916 N. 14th Ave., Sturgeon Bay. It’s a hub for seniors and their families.
- Spin, a yarn and knit store in Sturgeon Bay, closed in December 2017.
- Door County Makers Space opened at 26 N. Third Ave. It offers a house concert series, workshops, trunk shows, and art installations.
- Book World, based in Appleton, closed all its 45 stores; included were sites in Sturgeon Bay and Sister Bay.
- Inside/Outside is an interactive art space, located in the building housing Margaret Lockwood Gallery in Sturgeon Bay.
UPDATES ON DOORCOUNTYNAVIGATOR.COM
- New, easier to use interface
- Join over 5,500 Active users using our hot mobile app, Door County On the Go(tm) by DoorCountyNavigator.com - awesome app and people are lvoving it - have all the info you need wherever you are! We will make your Door County trip the best it can be! If you are in Chicago (proper) and have Comcast or RCN, watch our new show, "A Peek Inside the Door(tm)" on every Thursday night at 7:30pm
- Find Me A Room(tm) program is a hit! We will help you find a room and do the best we can to match your needs with what our lodging partners offer!On our Homepage, see Things to Do in Door County this Week! Makes it easier to get what's happening at a glance!
- Follow us on Twitter! Get new info regularly by following us on Twitter! Click here!
- Join our Facebook page and join in the conversations. Overe 16,500 fans already!
- DoorCountyNavigator.com was voted “Best Of” by Door County Magazine readers making us the # 1 Independent Door County website!
- Giveaways continue throughout the year! Watch for them monthly!
At DoorCountyNavigator.com, we are in our 18th year already, and we are in our 10th year already of our acquisition and revamping of www.DoorCountyDining.com – a website of Door County restaurants and food-related businesses, with an extensive "Menu, Please!” section where you can view menus of some of Door County’s finest restaurants – all online! In addition, we have our tangent sites, Door-County-Camping.com and our newest addition, DoorCountyRentalsByOwner.com - a list of homes, cabins, cottages and condos to rent.
We will continue to review new places to eat, activities, inns, shops and more – so bookmark us, add us to your Favorites and come back often!
And please tell your friends about our site – why not send 5 of your friends a link to our site so that they can enjoy all the information we have? Thanks!
See you in Door County!