- Sponsorship and Eligibility
This contest is sponsored by DoorCountyNavigator. Com LLC. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. This contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry; however, the contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of DoorCountyNavigator.com LLC, its affiliates, licensees, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
- Qualification Period
The qualification period for the prize drawings of the contest is clearly stated on the Giveaway page(s), with a beginning date and an ending date and time.
- Entry Procedures
To enter the Giveaway/Contest, you
- General: you should be registered with DoorCountyNavigator.com (you can register here - to use the Trip Planner and other tools that may come out in the future.
- For The Scavenger Hunt entry system (if available), you must enter your Name and Email address to play the game. This can be the same or different than your site registration, but to play, you must log-in to the game itself, as instructed, when you attempt to play it. You will then answer 5 questions, each time you play. You may enter up to 10 times per day. No more. If you enter more than 10 times, they will not count. If you attempt to "game" the system, your entries will not count! So play honetly, and try to win within the rules! We have tested the game out numerous times, and no one can legitimately complete the game in under one minute. If you do, it is flagged in our system. We are trying to run an honest, fun game for all . . . so do your part and keep it honest and fun! Decision of DoorCountyNavigator.com to include or delete entries is final.
- For Treasure Map entry system (if available), you can just play. Go to our Door County Navigator.com Treasure Map, and locate the entry application by clicking on the various squares, fill it out and click to email it back to us! You are entered! You can enter up to 10 times per day per person/household (same address) - and this is in addition to up to 10 entries you can make through the Scavenger Hunt entry system!
- NOTE: The prize (unless otherwise noted) is the SAME prize whether you choose to enter via the Treasure Map or the Scavenger Hunt. There is only ONE prize, and ONE winner, unless otherwise noted.
- Duties of Participants; Limitation of Liability
By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of DoorCountyNavigator.com which shall be final. All federal, state, and local laws apply. DoorCountyNavigator.com and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of DoorCountyNavigator.com, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, promotion and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of DoorCountyNavigator.com that may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of a prize, or from participation in the contest; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the contest. Contest winners are solely responsible for payment of any and all taxes associated with the prize(s) they win.
- Violation of Contest Rules
DoorCountyNavigator.com reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner who, in its sole suspicion, tampers with the entry process, intentionally submits more entries than allowed, violates these rules or the Site Terms and Conditions, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. For the Treasure Map game, you must find the entry form each day from the Treasure Map and submit it to be eligible to win. Attempting to store an entry form for reuse later is not allowed and may disqualify all of your entries.
For the Scavenger Hunt Game, storing correct answers to speed future game plays is not allowed. All content of the Scavenger Hunt game, including graphics, questions and answers are copyrighted material and owned exclusively by DoorCountyNavigator.com and may not be copied, printed, stored in any medium or electronic format without exclusive written permission by DoorCountyNavigator.com. Violation of any of these rules may disqualify any or all of your entries. Games completed in under one minute are suspect! Be warned! We also know that if you enter often, being bright people as is evidenced by you being on DoorCountyNavigator.com, you can learn and remember the correct answers. We look at that too :)
No automated entries permitted
- Selection of Winners; Chances of Winning
Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing held from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received. The poitential winner will be notified by email only (the email they provided on the entry forms) and will have 72 hours to Reply to accept the proze or it will be awarded potentially to the next name drawn.
- Description of Prizes
Each drawing will be for the following prizes: if it is a two-nights stay in Door County, WI this includes only the room for two nights, and the certificate will have a dollar value that can be applied to your stay. There may be a variance in the value of the prizes depending on the inn, bed and breakfast, hotel, motel or resort who is offering the accommodations, and time of the year offered. There may be other variations to the prizes offered. See specific call-outs detailed on the Give-Away or Treasure Map or Scavenger Hunt page for specifics of the give-away for which you are entering and/or the current prize. Some prizes may vary depending upon the contest, so check the Giveaway page that details the contest for specific prize information. There is no cash value to any certificates awarded, ever. Substitutions of equal value prizes may occur. Other restrictions may apply.
- Notification of Winners; Substitution of Prizes
Winners will be notified by electronic mail via the email you have provided. DoorCountyNavigator.com will attempt to re-send said email up to 3 times. If any winner does not respond to email notification within the timeframe spelled out in the email transmission, or should the email be returned as undeliverable after 3 attempts, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random. Winners may not substitute or transfer prizes. DoorCountyNavigator.com reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is unavailable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. All taxes on prize are winners' responsibility. Limit: one prize per household.
Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners' names, hometowns and likenesses for online posting, and/or any advertising and publicity without additional compensation. Winners may also be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility and, where lawful, publicity consent agreement, as conditions of receiving a prize. Failure to comply with the aforementioned conditions shall be grounds for forfeiture of a prize.
- Inquiries or Questions
In addition, we may run photo contests that are administered through Facebook and/or Twitter. The above rules apply in general, but specific rules apply to these photo contests. For example, a contest may require you to upload photos of yourself at a local Door County business which clearly shows that you are in that business location (show a menu, sign etc.) and these must be hash tagged #DCNphotocontest. For each entry (and there could be 5 per day from different local Door County businesses) we will add 10 entries to our two night stay giveaway that is running the month the photo contest ends. For example, if the contest ends on September 10th, then you would be entered into the Giveaway for September. Otherise, you may be entered in the Giveaway of the month you submit your photos.
You must be over 18 years of age to enter, and your submission of photos or entries into any of our drawings is your guarantee that you are 18 years of age or older.
By submitting your photos, you give DoorCountyNavigator the right to post these pictures on our Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media and website properties. Get clicking!